Community Life in and Around Fairfax
Situated in Northern Virginia, Fairfax is part of the Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MK-WV Metropolitan area. It is just 20 minutes from Washington DC, with a blend of commercial, office, retail and residential properties. It combines the charm of a small town with the opportunities of a thriving urban area.
|Basic Demographic Information|
|Population (2014 estimate)||24,730|
|Educational Attainment, age 25+ (2011 estimate)|
|High school graduate or higher||92.0%|
|Bachelor’s degree or higher||51.9%|
|Graduate or Professional degree||21.6%|
|Employees Working in City (2013 annual)||19,490|
|Employers in City (2013 annual)||1,619|
Restaurants in Fairfax
Things to do in Fairfax
List of all events and activities in Fairfax http://www.fxva.com/things-to-do/
Korea-town in Annandale
Annandale is a small city in Fairfax County. It is also known as a small Korea-town with large number of Korean restaurants and shops in the area. It is 7 miles from Mason’s Fairfax Campus where the city is full of Korean/Asian dining options.
Korean Restaurants in Fairfax
For a list of Korean cuisine in Fairfax, visit http://yp.koreadaily.com/main.asp?bra_code=DC
The Korean-American Association of Virginia
The Korean-American Association of Virginia is the representative organization for 100,000 living Koreans in Northern Virginia for service and bridge maker with major society. For more information, visit http://www.vakorea.org
The City of Fairfax City-University Energysaver (CUE) bus system provides regularly scheduled, low-cost transportation services to Mason, shopping centers and other locations within the City of Fairfax, as well as the Vienna/Fairfax-GMU Metrorail Station.
Fares and Schedules
- The CUE Bus Fare is $1.75 cash or SmartTrip Card. However, CUE bus system provides free services to Mason students with a valid Mason ID.
- SmartTrip Card. CUE Bus passengers may use SmarTrip® cards to pay for CUE Bus fares. The plastic cards, sold by Metro for Metrorail and Metro Bus fares and Metrorail parking lot payments, can be used for paying for CUE Bus rides. Fares are automatically deducted from the card, with no need for tickets or change. For information, call 888-SMARTRIPor visit Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority website (http://www.wmata.com/fares/smartrip/).
- CUE Bus Map & Schedule http://www.fairfaxva.gov/home/showdocument?id=3669
Fairfax Yellow Cab
- Online reservation https://www.ridecharge.com/s/dc-va-washington/taxi/branded/fairfax_yellow
- Phone reservation: 703-534-1111
- Smartphone application http://www.yellowcaboffairfax.com/apps.aspx
Uber (Transportation Network)
- Online trip request http://get.uber.com
- Mason’s shuttle services provide free transportation to Vienna/Fairfax-GMU station (Orange Line)
- Opens 5:00am Weekdays/ 7:00am Weekends
- Closes 12:00am Sundays-Thursdays/ 3:00am Friday-Saturday
- Vienna Metro Station http://wmata.com/tripplanner